Cannon School Educational Expo
in Concord, NC - April 20, 2017
AISAP has embarked on a new initiative created to support Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals, advocate for options in private education, and provide students and families information and guidance into opportunities on the road to higher education. This program is called Educational Expos: Opportunities on the road to higher education and beyond. This program began in September of the 2016/2017 academic year and is located at various sites around the United States. These programs are heavily advertised and marketed and free and open to the public.
5801 Poplar Tent Rd
Concord, NC 28027
Professional Development Speaker:
Dave Kraus, Director of Admission, Davidson College
Topic: Dave will discuss his career path and journey as an admission professional, and share key decision points along the way. There will be an opportunity to discuss contemporary issues in the admission profession, as well as a casual Q&A session.
Dave Kraus began his career in college admission work at his alma mater, the University of New Hampshire, in the summer of 1983 after teaching middle and high school English and coaching for ten years. At UNH he advanced from assistant to senior assistant, to associate, and finally to director in which capacity he served for his final five years in Durham.
In 1996, Dave accepted the Director of Admission position at Radford University bringing him and his family to the mid-Atlantic region. While at Radford, he was active in PCACAC and NACAC serving first as an assembly delegate and then in Potomac and Chesapeake’s presidential cycle from 2004-2007.
Dave moved on to Davidson College in the summer of 2008 and, in his second year, was elected to and served a three-year term on the College Board’s Guidance and Admission Assembly Council. In addition to his role as Davidson’s Director of Admission, he has assumed the responsibility of Senior Athletic Liaison working with the College’s 21 Division I athletic teams and their coaches. In the spring of 2016, Dave was honored to receive the John A. Blackburn Award for Ethics in College Admission Counseling from PCACAC.
While the technology of the profession has changed profoundly in his 33 years, Dave believes that the responsibility at the core remains the same, that is, helping students and their families better understand the process and, therefore, feel less anxious as they move through their college search. Dave is a sought-after speaker and panelist, and most enjoy those events where he leaves knowing that the audience is breathing more easily and has newfound confidence regarding what lies ahead.
- 4:15 - 5:15 pm Professional development session for Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals
- 5:15 - 6:00 pm Light Dinner for school representatives and event set up
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm Welcome (for interested prospective families) with AISAP's Ray Diffley "Three Essential Questions Every Parent Must Answer About Their Child's Educational Pathway."
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Education Expo (School Fair “2.0”) — a most engaging interaction with school reps, special guests, and brief, 25-minute breakout sessions for parents and students on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
Expo/School Fair Registration Fee
- AISAP Member (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $295
- AISAP Non-Member* (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $335
- Professional development program and dinner only (does not include Expo): $50
- Additional school representatives (wanting to participate in professional development and dinner): $50
*If you are not an AISAP Member, you have the option to join now and receive the member rate through your registration.
- *To view our Cancellation and Substitution Policy, please click HERE.
What does an Educational Expo/School Fair offer?
An opportunity on a global scale to encourage schools to come together in support and as advocates of private education opportunities for parents and students.
An opportunity to have professional development provided by AISAP and partners for all of the attending Admission and Enrollment Management professionals.
An opportunity for students and parents to have premier access to break-out sessions with leading authorities and practitioners in areas related to the Admission and Enrollment Management process. For example, there are sessions on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
In partnership with SchoolAdmin, all events have online pre-registration and electronic walk-in registration. Information is shared with attending schools after the event.
AISAP staff and partners, with support from our host schools, will be overseeing and managing everything from registration to outreach, programming, marketing, and follow-up.
Interested in learning more about hosting an Educational Expo in your school community or attending an Educational Expo? Please contact Ray Diffley at firstname.lastname@example.org.