Carolina Friends School Educational Expo
in Durham, NC - April 19, 2017
AISAP has embarked on a new initiative created to support Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals, advocate for options in private education, and provide students and families information and guidance into opportunities on the road to higher education. This program is called Educational Expos: Opportunities on the road to higher education and beyond. This program began in September of the 2016/2017 academic year and is located at various sites around the United States. These programs are heavily advertised and marketed and free and open to the public.
Carolina Friends School
4809 Friends School Road
Durham, NC 27705
Professional Development Speaker:
Emma Jones, Chief Brand Officer, Credo Higher Ed
Topic: Emma will share how her career path led to her current position. She’ll share what’s happening in her professional world right now as well as a consider the need for new ways of thinking about the future of higher education. Finally, Emma will talk (and interact) with the group about the importance of brand (and telling one’s story) for each of us at our schools.
Working closely with the President and serving as a part of the Executive Management Team, Emma manages the integrity and evolution of the firm’s brand. She has worked in higher education since 2002, with a focus on international education program development, marketing, and communications. In her previous position as Manager for External Communication and Program Development with the Foundation for International Education (FIE), Emma held primary responsibility for all print and electronic marketing efforts and worked closely with FIE’s partner universities to develop and maintain study abroad programs in Europe and the Middle East. Before her time at FIE, Emma coordinated faculty-led and affiliate-based study abroad programs, advised students, and managed study abroad marketing in her role as Study Abroad Advisor and Publicity Coordinator at Elon University. Emma received her Master of Arts in Liberal Studies from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and her Bachelor of Arts in Literature and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Asheville.
- 4:15 - 5:15 pm Professional development session for Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals
- 5:15 - 6:00 pm Light Dinner for school representatives and event set up
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm Welcome (for interested prospective families) with AISAP's Ray Diffley "Three Essential Questions Every Parent Must Answer About Their Child's Educational Pathway."
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Education Expo (School Fair “2.0”) — a most engaging interaction with school reps, special guests, and brief, 25-minute breakout sessions for parents and students on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
Expo/School Fair Registration Fee
- AISAP Member (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $295
- AISAP Non-Member* (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $335
- Additional school representatives (wanting to participate in professional development and dinner): $50
- Professional development program and dinner only (does not include Expo): $50
*If you are not an AISAP Member, you have the option to join now and receive the member rate through your registration.
*To view our Cancellation and Substitution Policy, please click HERE.
What does an Educational Expo/School Fair offer?
An opportunity on a global scale to encourage schools to come together in support and as advocates of private education opportunities for parents and students.
An opportunity to have professional development provided by AISAP and partners for all of the attending Admission and Enrollment Management professionals.
An opportunity for students and parents to have premier access to break-out sessions with leading authorities and practitioners in areas related to the Admission and Enrollment Management process. For example, there are sessions on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
In partnership with SchoolAdmin, all events have online pre-registration and electronic walk-in registration. Information is shared with attending schools after the event.
AISAP staff and partners, with support from our host schools, will be overseeing and managing everything from registration to outreach, programming, marketing, and follow-up.
Interested in learning more about hosting an Educational Expo in your school community or attending an Educational Expo? Please contact Ray Diffley at firstname.lastname@example.org.