Francis Parker School Educational Expo
in San Diego, CA - May 18, 2017
AISAP has embarked on a new initiative created to support Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals, advocate for options in private education, and provide students and families information and guidance into opportunities on the road to higher education. This program is called Educational Expos: Opportunities on the road to higher education and beyond. This program began in September of the 2016/2017 academic year and is located at various sites around the United States. These programs are heavily advertised and marketed and free and open to the public.
Francis Parker School
6501 Linda Vista Road
San Diego, CA 92111
Professional Development Speaker:
Topic: Jen will discuss her new book "Creative Change: Why we resist it...how to embrace it." Creativity may be the number one skill needed to lead – according to a panel of roughly 1500 leaders at IBM. Jen will talk about this and its relevance to admission professionals as leaders in their schools. She will also discuss the challenges of embracing creativity as a decision-maker and allow interactive time for Q&A. Jennifer Mueller
Jennifer Mueller, PhD, Associate Professor, University of San Diego
earned her Ph.D. in Social and Developmental Psychology at Brandeis University and has been on the faculty of many top business schools including the Wharton School, Yale School of Management and NYU's Stern School of Business. One of her papers, “The Bias Against Creativity
,” went viral and was downloaded over 65,000 times— described as a “famous study” in The Atlantic
is the topic of her recent book "Creative Change: Why we resist it...how to embrace it.
" Jennifer’s work has been featured in many major media outlets including WSJ, NPR, CNN, HBR, The Atlantic
, and Fast Company
. Jennifer, a native Californian, is currently an Associate Professor at the University of San Diego.
- 4:15 - 5:15 pm Professional development session for Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals
- 5:15 - 6:00 pm Light Dinner for school representatives and event set up
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Education Expo (School Fair “2.0”) — a most engaging interaction with school reps, special guests, and brief, 25-minute breakout sessions for parents and students on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
Expo/School Fair Registration Fee
AISAP Member (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $295
AISAP Non-Member* (includes Expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $335
Additional school representatives (wanting to participate in professional development and dinner): $50
*If you are not an AISAP Member, you have the option to join now and receive the member rate through your registration.
Professional development program and dinner only (does not include Expo): $50
*To view our Cancellation and Substitution Policy, please click HERE.
What does an Educational Expo/School Fair offer? Many things:
- An opportunity on a global scale to encourage schools to come together in support and as advocates of private education opportunities for parents and students.
- An opportunity to have professional development provided by AISAP and partners for all of the attending Admission and Enrollment Management professionals.
- An opportunity for students and parents to have premier access to break-out sessions with leading authorities and practitioners in areas related to the Admission and Enrollment Management process. For example, there are sessions on topics such as the application process, assessment and testing, and affordability.
- In partnership with SchoolAdmin, all events have online pre-registration and electronic walk-in registration. Information is shared with attending schools after the event.
AISAP staff and partners, with support from our host schools, will be overseeing and managing everything from registration to outreach, programming, marketing, and follow-up.
Interested in learning more about hosting an Educational Expo in your school community or attending an Educational Expo? Please contact Ray Diffley at email@example.com.