San Diego PK-12 Educational Expo
Hosted by San Diego Consortium of Independent Schools
San Diego Mariott Del Mar
October 15, 2017
On the road to recruiting your next class of students various operational strategies are implemented. School Fairs, or as we here at AISAP call them, Educational Expos, are just one of the traditional methods used by professionals around the globe to expose families to the choices available to them on the road to higher education. As our mission and role is to Elevate, Educate, and Empower you, the professional, we see Educational Expos as a time when you can not just meet new students but as well get a bit of professional development for yourself.
AISAP Educational Expose are:
- An opportunity on a global scale to encourage schools to come together in support and as advocates of private education opportunities for parents and students.
- An opportunity to have professional development provided by AISAP and partners for all of the attending Admission and Enrollment Management professionals.
- An opportunity for students and parents to have premier access to break-out sessions with leading authorities and practitioners in areas related to the Admission and Enrollment Management process. For example, there are sessions on assessment and its role in the admission process, Financial Aid, writing an essay that makes a difference, athletics and arts in the recruitment process, and the role of counselors, educational consultants, and advocacy groups.
Professional Development Speaker: Mark J. Mitchell Vice President, NAIS
Trends in Affordability: Impact, Perception, and Value
When it comes to enrollment, it’s hard to ignore the impact and perceptions of affordability. Take a look at national trends in a few key areas of school affordability and financial aid and see how the San Diego area compares. Examine and discuss the implications of these realities on your ability, strategies, and goals for creating and supporting socioeconomically diverse communities on campus. We’ll also explore trends in the latest generation of new independent school parents: the Millennials. Explore the characteristics that Millennials exhibit and how they might influence their perception of affordability, to shape your financial aid policy and communication approaches.
- 12:00 - 1:30 pm "Lunch and Learn" professional development session for Admission and Enrollment Management Professionals
- 1:30 - 2:00 pm Information session for families lead by admission officers (optional for families)
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm Education Expo (School Fair “2.0”) — a most engaging interaction with school reps and special guests.
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm Second optional educational information session for families concluding the Expo/Fair
Expo/School Fair Registration Fee
AISAP Member (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $295
AISAP Non-Member* (includes expo registration, professional development, and dinner): $335
Additional school representatives (wanting to participate in professional development and dinner): $50
*If you are not an AISAP Member, you have the option to join now and receive the member rate through your registration.
Professional development program and dinner only (does not include Expo): $50
*To view our Cancellation and Substitution Policy, please click HERE.
Which schools will be attending the Expo?
Please note: Schools with an asterisk are San Diego Consortium Schools
Academy of Our Lady of Peace
The Bishop's School**
Brandon Hall School
Cathedral Catholic High School
The Children's School**
Country Montessori School
Del Mar Pines School
Encinitas Country Day School
Francis Parker School**
The Grauer School
La Jolla Country Day School**
Pacific Ridge School**
The Rhoades School
San Diego French American School**
San Diego Jewish Academy
Santa Fe Christian Schools
St. Stanislaus College-Preparatory
The Thacher School
Interested in learning more about hosting an Educational Expo in your school community or attending an Educational Expo? Please contact Ray Diffley at firstname.lastname@example.org.